5-axis machining provides infinite possibilities as to the part sizes and shapes you can effectively process. The term “5-axis” refers to the number of directions in which the cutting tool can move. On a 5-axis machining center, the cutting tool moves across the X, Y and Z linear axes as well as rotates on the A and B axes to approach the workpiece from any direction. In other words, you can process five sides of a part in a single setup.
Bryan Tool & Machining offers machining services that can achieve tolerances of two-thousandths of a degree (.002°). We offer true 5 axis contour machining producing complex components with ease. It takes more than just excellent machining and programming skills to perform true 5 axis work. Our staff is full of remarkable machinist with, in some cases, 20-30 years of experience. We fix, program, and set up the machines, as well as produce the components themselves.
Benefits of 5 Axis Machining
- Work pieces are not moved through several workstations, they can be completed on the 5 Axis machine alone—finishing components with greater accuracy
- Less fixture prep saving time and money
- Single setup for machining complex shapes increasing productivity
- Can use shorter cutting tools producing higher cutting speeds for higher precision
- Achieve superior surface finishes and overall better part quality
Industries We Serve
- Chemical Processing
- Machine Tools
- Oil and Gas