Your entire project will be handled from start to finish by the team you know and trust!
When TE Connectivity approached us about the needed modifications to their Serve & Tape Cable Production Line at their Rochester Wire & Cable Solutions facility in Culpeper, Va., our team gladly accepted the challenge because that’s what we do!
This project relied heavily on our electrical division as well as staff from our design, machining and fabrication departments. Their production line was to be converted from a single drive shaft to dedicated VFD controls. The controls needed to be coupled tightly between each machine during ramp up and ramp down to insure maximum product quality.
The upgrades and repairs included:
- Running new electric and pneumatic supply lines to several pieces of equipment
- Selecting and installing various new drive motors
- Replacing shafts, pulleys and gear boxes inside capstan cable reel assembly and serve head
- All primary PLC work plus installation of drive panels and controls cabinets
- Installing HMI for operator interface to the line
- Final troubleshooting, inspection and commissioning
The Benefits of this modification were substantial:
- Greatly increased production capacity
- Decreased down time and less maintenance cost
- Lowered decibel rating upon elimination of drive shaft control
- Mitsubishi Electric – Factory Automation Control System installed and programmed by a Bryan Tool & Machining on-site services / electrical division specialist
Upon completion, TE Connectivity was well positioned to meet the rigorous quality standards of their customer.
For a turnkey solution that will allow you to outperform the competition, call Bryan Tool & Machining!